What Mobile forum rules
These rules are designed to ensure users feel safe and keen to participate. Failure to abide by them can result in a warning or outright dismissal.
What Mobile administrators and moderators reserve the right to edit, delete or lock entire threads wherever it is felt that these rules are being broken.
- Do not use insulting, threatening or provoking language.
- Do not incite ‘flaming’ on the basis of race, religion, politics, gender, nationality or sexuality – or any other personal characteristic.
- Do not swear, use hate-speech or make obscene and vulgar comments.
- Do not attempt to insert swear words by using similar looking characters or symbols to bypass our filters.
- Do not break the law. This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (i.e. writing anything that might affect the outcome of an approaching court case).
- Do not link to, or refer to, illegal downloads of applications, games, copyrighted images, movies, music or anything else that is being illegally distributed. This includes hacks, keygens, serials – and filesharing services. Users that post, or ask for, information relating to this will be banned.
- You may post a small amount of third party material, but to avoid breaching copyright you must name the author and publication. Wherever possible, provide a link to the material instead.
- Please don’t post the same message/comment to more than one forum.
- Advertising is not allowed. You can however mention relevant, non-commercial websites, as long as they support your comment.
- You may not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation. Misleading other users by abusing the registration procedure will result in the account being terminated immediately.
- Please post in English! We can’t provide translations, although it is acceptable to post foreign information if the poster translates the message as necessary. Users who wish to view the forum in another language should use a service such as Google Translate.
- Do not post private addresses or phone numbers, including your own. You may post email addresses, as long as it is made clear who they belong to.
- Do not post adverts or links to other sites. Attempting to post invitations to MLM/Pyramid schemes may result in a warning and/or instant ban.
- If a post is edited, or a thread is locked, we will aim to give you an explanation of why – unless it is totally obvious that it broke one (or more) of these rules. Attempting to restart a thread in a new post, or asking on the forum why a message/thread was removed will be deleted and user given a warning.
- You may edit your post at a later date, but please do not abuse this by completely changing a message so as to make people who have already replied look stupid. If you need to change a significant part of your message, please insert the word ‘Edit:’ and explain what you have changed. For security, there is a time limit on being able to edit posts.
- When replying to a message in any thread, please quote selectively and resist the temptation to quote everything with a simple ‘I agree’ style reply. Other users can see the original message without needing to see it repeated over and over. You may also reply to any message within a thread, not just adding a reply at the bottom. In this way, users can view sub-threads in a separate tree by changing the viewing options.
- Please do not post messages for the sake of increasing your post count. What Mobile does not reward users who reach 1,000, 10,000 or 1,000,000 posts. Anyone who is clearly trying to up his or her post count without contributing anything useful will be given a warning. These messages will be deleted, which consequently lowers the post count. So don’t waste your time!
- If a user receives a significant number of warnings, on or off the forum, we reserve the right to delete that user – and if necessary ban them from returning.
What Mobile will make every attempt to keep objectionable messages off the forum, using a dedicated team of administrators and moderators. However, it is impossible to review all messages. Each message expresses the view of its author, and neither the owners of What Mobile Forums, nor Clark White Publishing Ltd, will be held responsible for the content.
These rules are regularly updated and revised, so it is recommended that you take the time to check them periodically. Should you have any issues with them, please send a private message to one of the administrators or moderators.