YouTube Gaming is today expanding to new territory including Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland.
Previously, the service was only available in the UK and USA. YouTube is also bringing some fresh improvements to the service, including a new Android update.
The update includes “quality switching, 60fps playback, and DVR mode,” as well as a new pop-out player:
- Homepage navigation: Say goodbye to the sidebars! We’ve simplified the homepage to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Game and channel browsing: We’ve added pages for you to manage your games and channels, plus discover new ones.
- Dedicated live destination: You’ll find a new “Live” tab on the homepage that brings together top streams, top games, and streams from channels you’re subscribed to.
- Android live playback: Our Android live stream player joins iOS and the HTML5 desktop player with an upgrade to support quality switching, 60fps playback, and DVR mode.
- Pop-out player: On Android, you can now pop out the YouTube Gaming player to keep it visible above other apps on your device.
And lastly, Google teased that “many more countries are coming soon”.
For more apps news, visit What Mobile’s dedicated apps page.