The updated Shazam music discovery app brings a number of new features and improvements to iPhone and iPod touch users.
With support for multitasking, enhanced graphics (especially for iPhone 4 users), faster tagging, 30-second previews and the ability to tag immediately on start-up, there are plenty of new features available.
Key improvements include;
- A better video experience, delivering multiple videos per tag from YouTube – which can be watched without leaving the app.
- A new user interface with improved artist information, track and album reviews, artist biographies/discographies and song lyrics.
- A new ‘Discover’ tab to access Shazam Tag Charts, detailing the most popular new music in more than 20 countries.
- Shortcut icons which appear when tapping on track cover art, to easily preview the music, buy on iTunes or share via Facebook and Twitter.
- Search for ringtones and videos on iTunes with one tap.
- Upgrade from Samsung Encore from within the app – either with an annual fee of US$2.99 or a lifetime membership for US$4.99 – or stick with the free version that allows five tags per month.
iPhone 4 users benefit the most with the improved graphics and multitasking that allows you to leave the app and return to exactly where you left off.
More information: Shazam